Re: Fw: Route Flap Damping Recommendations

  • To: Anne <anne at apnic dot net>, apops at apnic dot net
  • Subject: Re: Fw: Route Flap Damping Recommendations
  • From: Scott Huddle <huddle at mci dot net>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 16:23:48 +0000
  • Sender: owner-apops@apnic.net
    • Very interesting, but counter to the experience of most US based
      ISPs.  While I think its generally thought that some dampening
      is a "good thing", I think its far from clear that "progressive"
      dampening provides any additional gain, in an operational view.

      Thus the decision to dampen in a progressive way is more of a policy
      issue and one that any ISP needs to consider as part of its service
      offering to its customers rather than 'the greater good of the Internet'

      -scott