router CPU usage?

  • To: apops at apnic dot net
  • Subject: router CPU usage?
  • From: "David R. Conrad" <davidc at apnic dot net>
  • Date: Fri, 09 May 1997 14:37:09 +0900
  • Sender: owner-apops@apnic.net
    • Hi,

      A very informal survey...

      Out of curiosity, of those ISPs who are running with full tables out
      there, can you tell me how hard your routers are working (e.g., % CPU
      utilization) and what kind of routers they are?

      To start: APNIC has a PC Unix box for a router (Pentium 100 Mhz, 64 MB
      memory, FDDI connection to NSPIXP-2) and CPU load of the gated process
      is around 0.05% (22 MByte memory image -- I'm seeing around 48K
      routes).  Of course, since we aren't switching too many packets,
      APNIC's info isn't particularly relevant...

      This is purely for informational purposes -- please send me mail and
      I'll summarize (or keep confidential if you'd prefer)...

      Thanks,
      -drc