balancing

  • To: bgreene at cisco dot com (Barry Raveendran Greene)
  • Subject: balancing
  • From: "Miguel A.L. Paraz" <map at iphil dot net>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 1997 10:53:12 +0800 (HKT)
  • Cc: apops at apnic dot net
  • Sender: owner-apops@apnic.net
    • Hello,

      Barry Raveendran Greene wrote:
      > One thing that was not asked: Miguel - are you collecting statistics? I
      > know you are doing a lot of traffic statistics on your proxy/cache
      > (*Miguel's got some nice scripts for Squid), but how about SNMP or NetFlow?

      Nope, no stats here yet; I haven't gotten around to running NetraMet
      yet.  I don't have the hardware for NetFlow (75xx, right?)

      I don't have any routing tables either.  Right now our APNIC CIDR block
      is routed by MCI, and I have a Sprintlink line (acquired before Global
      One took over the AP circuits) that routes to some proxy caches which
      are within Sprint CIDR space.

      I hope to pick up some stats, but I don't need anything fine-grained at all
      since I'm not aiming for route-level load balancing as Squid can make up for
      it (and I am much more familiar with it!)

      P.S. Aren't you busy with InterOp?

      --
      miguel a.l. paraz  <map at iphil dot net>                              +63-2-893-0850
      iphil communications, makati city, philippines          <http://www.iphil.net>