Routing policy in ASN database?

  • To: apops at apnic dot net
  • Subject: Routing policy in ASN database?
  • From: "Miguel A.L. Paraz" <map at iphil dot net>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 14:42:27 +0800 (HKT)
  • Sender: owner-apops@apnic.net
    • Hi,

      Is the routing policy section in the ASN entries for the APNIC database in
      use anywhere?

      I am now preparing for a switch to BGP peering with Global One and MCI
      when our new link comes in mid-May.

      Given that we have will have a T1 to Global One and a 256K to MCI,
      do you think we can get MCI customers to route through MCI, and the
      rest to go through Global One, without saturating the 256K?  I'm
      wondering what percentage of the Net would go through MCI.

      My alternative is to get some MCI address space and assign it to
      a WWW proxy cache so that we get application-level routing.

      miguel a.l. paraz  <map at iphil dot net>                              +63-2-893-0850
      iphil communications, makati city, philippines          <http://www.iphil.net>