Re: Digital Island

  • To: "Miguel A.L. Paraz" <map at iphil dot net>
  • Subject: Re: Digital Island
  • From: "David R. Conrad" <davidc at apnic dot net>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 20:52:10 +0900
  • Cc: davidc at apnic dot net (David R. Conrad), apops at apnic dot net
  • Sender: owner-apops@apnic.net
    • Hi,

      >How would you compare this with say, the ABONE?

      Not sure.  Digital Isle appears to be a bit more oriented to web stuff
      (if the press reports they are getting are correct -- see
      http://www.digisle.net).  Also, their international bandwidth seems a
      bit sparse (they are claiming T1s).

      >While actual traffic
      >to/from other Asian countries seems to be small,

      Right... I wonder if they are not solving a problem that does not yet
      exist.  I'm not sure at this point what advantage moving out of
      California would have -- it seems to me they'd simply be moving the
      congestion to their mainland - Hawaii link and/or anywhere that link
      touches down.  Of course, can't argue with their location... :-)

      >my main interest is in developing proxy cache peer relationships.

      They might be a good group to talk to...

      Regards,
      -drc