Re: The Cidr Report
- To: Tony Bates <tbates at cisco dot com>
- Subject: Re: The Cidr Report
- From: gih at telstra dot net (Geoff Huston)
- Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 11:59:52 +1000
- Cc: nanog at merit dot edu, eof-list at ripe dot net, apops at apnic dot net
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no "absolute" point at which to take these measurements. Any point will be coloured (colored) by its relative Internet location with respect to amounts of local detail and aggregated distant detail. Thanks, Geoff Tony said: >Well I did a bit of digging at the sudden difference we are seeing. A >lot of this points to different levels of aggregation at different >points in the Internet. I took a dump from Bill's box at ?LA? and from the >xara.net router I use at Mae-east and saw one immediate example of >this. Here's the prefixes announced out of the 206.16/16 (belongs to >CERFNET) block.