Re: Guam-based exchange point?
- To: pcarlson at kuentos dot guam dot net (Paul S. Carlson)
- Subject: Re: Guam-based exchange point?
- From: "Miguel A.L. Paraz" <map at iphil dot net>
- Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 17:11:05 +0000 ()
- Cc: apops at apnic dot net
- In-reply-to: <m0vBzww-002F0dC@saba.kuentos.guam.net> from "Paul S. Carlson" at Oct 12, 96 07:01:39 pm
- Sender: email@example.com
Hi, Paul S. Carlson wrote: > Hi, > > We'd obviously also be interested in this discussion and may be able to > offer some support of it here. Excellent, I see you're from Guam. How is the IP infrastructure there? Even if gigabits-worth of cable passes through your place, how much is demuxed for your use, and available for IP? Most importantly -- and of course this not only involves you, but the cable players and telcos -- can we get reasonable rates for Manila-Guam, HK-Guam, Singapore-Guam, Japan-Guam, et cetera? This would affect the viability of an exchange. And, as an ISP there (is guam.net a commercial ISP?) you have a lot to benefit. In my previous message, I already outlined some possibilities with regards to web hosting and caching that can improve your return on investment. -- miguel a.l. paraz <map at iphil dot net> http://www.iphil.net/~map/ PGP: 0x43F0D011 iphil communications: isp/intranet design and implementation, makati city, ph