Re: APAN

  • To: "Miguel A.L. Paraz" <map at iphil dot net>
  • Subject: Re: APAN
  • From: "Horacio T. Cadiz" <hcadiz at ph dot net>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Oct 1996 18:57:07 +0800 (GMT+0800)
  • Cc: apops at apnic dot net, ph-isp at marikit dot iphil dot net
  • Sender: owner-apops@apnic.net

      On Sat, 12 Oct 1996, Miguel A.L. Paraz wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Horacio T. Cadiz wrote:
      >
      > > 	AI3 is for the non-commercial, research efforts though.
      > > Indonesia went up last week of Sept.  HK is up. Cambodia hopefully by
      > > January. Thailand by Nov or Dec.  The Philippines in the very near
      > > future.  B-)
      >
      > No date yet?  :)  Anyway, I am very interested in the outcome, even

      	I just came from the meeting of AI3 partners in Bandung.
      Not everything is in place yet for RP.

      > if it's for non-commercial use.  Commercial networking derives in
      > great part from R&E, and it would be nice for our schools and
      > institutions to gain the advantage.

      	Right.

      > Who are the players?  Aside from PHnet -- I think AI3 requires that

      	In the Philippines, PHnet.

      > you have a dish of some sort.  Problems with the licensing?

      	Yes. Not yet.

      * Horacio T. Cadiz      hcadiz at ph dot net  www.ph.net/~hcadiz      *
      * Philippine Network Foundation, Inc (PFI)                     *
      * finger hcadiz at gabriela dot ph dot net for PGP key                    *
      * "To understand recursion, first understand recursion."       *