Re: APAN

  • To: "David R. Conrad" <davidc at apnic dot net>
  • Subject: Re: APAN
  • From: "Horacio T. Cadiz" <hcadiz at ph dot net>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Oct 1996 15:57:23 +0800 (GMT+0800)
  • Cc: "Miguel A.L. Paraz" <map at iphil dot net>, apops at apnic dot net
  • Sender: owner-apops@apnic.net

      On Thu, 10 Oct 1996, David R. Conrad wrote:

      > >How about that other Japan-based project, the satellite-based one?
      >
      > You're probably thinking of AI3 (or is that A3I?).  Suguru Yamaguchi
      > and Jun Murai are heading that and it seems to be doing pretty well
      > (they just turned up a 2 MBps link into Indonesia I believe).  Not bad
      > for essentially free (as I understand it...)

      	AI3 is for the non-commercial, research efforts though.
      Indonesia went up last week of Sept.  HK is up. Cambodia hopefully by
      January. Thailand by Nov or Dec.  The Philippines in the very near
      future.  B-)

      -Bombim
      * Horacio T. Cadiz      hcadiz at ph dot net  www.ph.net/~hcadiz      *
      * Philippine Network Foundation, Inc (PFI)                     *
      * finger hcadiz at gabriela dot ph dot net for PGP key                    *
      * "To understand recursion, first understand recursion."       *