Re: APAN

  • To: davidc at apnic dot net (David R. Conrad)
  • Subject: Re: APAN
  • From: "Miguel A.L. Paraz" <map at iphil dot net>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 15:07:24 +0000 ()
  • Cc: apops at apnic dot net
  • Sender: owner-apops@apnic.net
    • Hi,

      David R. Conrad wrote:

      > Actually, I imagine fiber capacity is the not the primary
      > consideration.  The major concern is finding either the Telcos and/or
      > the governments to sponsor something like this.

      As usual, a political thing - so I forwarded the URL to ph-isp if anyone
      there would be interested an in a position to dig in, since it's for
      the R&E crowd.

      > Bandwidth is, as you know (:-)), expensive (and not because it is scarce).

      Yes, as Geoff H pointed out -- I think the cable people session would
      be timely and well-appreciated.

      > You're probably thinking of AI3 (or is that A3I?).  Suguru Yamaguchi
      > and Jun Murai are heading that and it seems to be doing pretty well
      > (they just turned up a 2 MBps link into Indonesia I believe).  Not bad
      > for essentially free (as I understand it...)

      Yes, this is the one, I came across it sometime.  How about inviting
      these folks to this list, so it'll get more and more interesting?
      --
      miguel a.l. paraz   <map at iphil dot net>       iphil communications, makati city, ph
      PGP ID: 0x43F0D011  http://www.iphil.net  isp/intranet design & implementation