Re: Very fast IP, no ATM...
- To: bmanning at isi dot edu
- Subject: Re: Very fast IP, no ATM...
- From: "Miguel A.L. Paraz" <map at iphil dot net>
- Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 22:13:35 +0000 ()
- Cc: apops at apnic dot net
- In-reply-to: <199610091131.AA17424 at zed dot isi dot edu> from "bmanning at isi dot edu" at Oct 9, 96 04:31:44 am
- Sender: email@example.com
Hi, bmanning at isi dot edu wrote: > What you may get is a brief review of the turn-up of TAT12/13, > which was provisioned as a ring, France, England, NY & RI. > The dope I have is that this was provisoned that way specifically > for Internet Services. Its a 10G/bps service now and can be upgraded > to 20G/bps. Great! Is it already lowering connection costs between the countries involved, and the rest of Europe? One crossing the Pacific and sweeping through the Asia-Pacific, and even to the Indian Ocean (India currently connects via satellite, no?), would be nice. -- miguel a.l. paraz <map at iphil dot net> iphil communications, makati city, ph PGP ID: 0x43F0D011 http://www.iphil.net isp/intranet design & implementation