Re: Very fast IP, no ATM...
- To: gih at telstra dot net (Geoff Huston)
- Subject: Re: Very fast IP, no ATM...
- From: bmanning at isi dot edu
- Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 04:31:44 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: bgreene at cisco dot com, map at iphil dot net, davidc at apnic dot net, apops at apnic dot net
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org> from "Geoff Huston" at Oct 9, 96 08:44:09 pm
- Posted-date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 04:31:44 -0700 (PDT)
- Sender: email@example.com
> > cool > > Finding out this information is NOT easy, and sometimes I get > the feeling that once you are initiated into the circle of knowledge > you have to take to vow of silence :-) > > Seriously however this business is VERY different to traditional telephony > where we are seeing that a massive proportion of Internet traffic is > offshore traffic. This has a profound effect on both the nature of the > Internet business and also has a profound effect on the availability > and pricing of undersea cable circuits. > > So if we can get the AT&T and KDD teams to provide an insight > into how they operate that would be most interesting. > > Geoff What you may get is a brief review of the turn-up of TAT12/13, which was provisioned as a ring, France, England, NY & RI. The dope I have is that this was provisoned that way specifically for Internet Services. Its a 10G/bps service now and can be upgraded to 20G/bps. -- --bill