Re: Very fast IP, no ATM...

  • To: Barry Raveendran Greene <bgreene at cisco dot com>
  • Subject: Re: Very fast IP, no ATM...
  • From: gih at telstra dot net (Geoff Huston)
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 20:44:09 +1000
  • Sender: owner-apops@apnic.net
    • cool

      Finding out this information is NOT easy, and sometimes I get
      the feeling that once you are initiated into the circle of knowledge
      you have to take to vow of silence :-)

      Seriously however this business is VERY different to traditional telephony
      where we are seeing that a massive proportion of Internet traffic is
      offshore traffic. This has a profound effect on both the nature of the
      Internet business and also has a profound effect on the availability
      and pricing of undersea cable circuits.

      So if we can get the AT&T and KDD teams to provide an insight
      into how they operate that would be most interesting.

        Geoff