Re: Very fast IP, no ATM...
- To: Barry Raveendran Greene <bgreene at cisco dot com>
- Subject: Re: Very fast IP, no ATM...
- From: gih at telstra dot net (Geoff Huston)
- Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 20:44:09 +1000
- Cc: "'Miguel A.L. Paraz'" <map at iphil dot net>, "'David R. Conrad'" <davidc at apnic dot net>, "'apops at apnic dot net'" <apops at apnic dot net>
- Sender: email@example.com
cool Finding out this information is NOT easy, and sometimes I get the feeling that once you are initiated into the circle of knowledge you have to take to vow of silence :-) Seriously however this business is VERY different to traditional telephony where we are seeing that a massive proportion of Internet traffic is offshore traffic. This has a profound effect on both the nature of the Internet business and also has a profound effect on the availability and pricing of undersea cable circuits. So if we can get the AT&T and KDD teams to provide an insight into how they operate that would be most interesting. Geoff At 9:55 AM 9/10/96, Barry Raveendran Greene wrote: >Hello All, > >David R. Conrad wrote: > >>The provisioning of trans-oceanic cable gets quite twisted -- I believe >>there will be a session on this at APRICOT in HK. Barry and/or Geoff Huston >>might be able to discuss this a bit as they have had some experiences in this >>area... > >Actually, I'm going to try to get people from AT&T's and KDD's oceanic cable team to present on how these systems are build, funded, and managed. Critical knowledge for ISPs in our region. > >Barry >-- >Barry Raveendran Greene | || || | >Senior Consulting Engineering | || || | >Singapore | |||| |||| | >tel: +65 738-5535 ext 235 | ..:||||||:..:||||||:.. | >e-mail: bgreene at cisco dot com | c i s c o S y s t e m s |