APAN

  • To: davidc at apnic dot net (David R. Conrad)
  • Subject: APAN
  • From: "Miguel A.L. Paraz" <map at iphil dot net>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 12:58:13 +0000 ()
  • Cc: apops at apnic dot net
  • Sender: owner-apops@apnic.net
    • Hi,

      David R. Conrad wrote at nanog:

      > Sean,
      >
      > >I can't wait until other countries jump on the bandwagon.
      >
      > http:://apan.net

      Interesting... though as with other Asian backbone initiatives, I guess
      this will be limited by the actual physical fiber connections between
      countries (anyone have a map of this?).  Unless, of course, the connections
      are big enough for the cable folks to make a decent profit.

      How about that other Japan-based project, the satellite-based one?
      I think picking these apart is an interesting topic to make APOPS lively,
      if it is the right forum...

      --
      miguel a.l. paraz   <map at iphil dot net>       iphil communications, makati city, ph
      PGP ID: 0x43F0D011  http://www.iphil.net  isp/intranet design & implementation