Re: [apnic-transfers] IP Leasing BoF at APRICOT 2014
- To: Skeeve Stevens <skeeve at eintellegonetworks dot com>
- Subject: Re: [apnic-transfers] IP Leasing BoF at APRICOT 2014
- From: Dean Pemberton <dean at deanpemberton dot com>
- Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 16:13:59 +1300
- Cc: apnic-transfers <apnic-transfers at apnic dot net>, "sig-policy at lists dot apnic dot net" <sig-policy at lists dot apnic dot net>
- Delivered-to: apnic-transfers at mailman dot apnic dot net
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=apnic.net; s=c3po; h=received:received:x-google-dkim-signature:x-gm-message-state:mime-version: x-received:received:x-originating-ip:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id: subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=x1u1DCkEJzsDzmDbFSWqdDkdTmCLy1aWepHUvJx22y4=; b=RLtsqOiveJI9GXawxb0OAbnlPZF5rowFKsV1XUQ62p2AMkCuIDf3l/WDYjnDT1navFAcmBwysSDgE n2MCTyZYR1l22Ch/sM/7hCcOCyKp/OrrM8LuS82EiOAwlkopx/ru6cr4ukeSS/MUDaRh8l2Z4cncty BunfR4x8k/TECp24=
- In-reply-to: <CAEUfUGO5xYKxdoyH3e7ytCQtzFoYMw=nhp8EfFtKHAgFnXGcDQ@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/apnic-transfers/>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: <apnic-transfers.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apnic-transfers>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/options/apnic-transfers>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
All the information is in the APRICOT Programme referenced here.
On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 3:48 PM, Skeeve Stevens <skeeve at eintellegonetworks dot com> wrote:
Sweet. Can I get some timezone information for this event please....SkeeveSkeeve Stevens - eintellego Networks Pty Ltdskeeve at eintellegonetworks dot com ; www.eintellegonetworks.com
The Experts Who The Experts CallJuniper - Cisco - Cloud - Consulting - IPv4 BrokeringOn Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 1:33 PM, Dean Pemberton <dean at deanpemberton dot com> wrote:
I've just been advised that due to popular demand, this session will
now be streamed live.
Please ensure that if you would like to watch the stream or
participate that you register before hand.
There is a registration link on the top of the Programme page
See you all there.
On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 1:31 PM, Dean Pemberton <dean at deanpemberton dot com> wrote:
> Good Morning all,
> There will be a BoF on the subject of IP address leasing at the
> APRICOT 2014 meeting on Tuesday, 25th Feb 2014 at 17:30 - 19:00 in the
> Grand Caymans room on Level 10.
> I will be chairing this BoF and I'd like to invite all interested
> parties to attend.
> While the concept of IP address leasing is not new, and has been the
> primary model for ISP sub-delegation to its customers, there is an
> assumption that some level of operational control is retained by the
> ISP. There is an expectation that the registry data reflects an
> operational hierarchy that makes it possible for people to look up
> 'parent' blocks and use the contact information at that level to
> resolve operational issues at a lower level network block.
> This model and assumptions may no longer be valid in the IPv4
> exhaustion state we're currently in. Addresses may be leased out with
> no operational service or control attached to it. How should the
> registry reflect this reality, to maintain its important role in
> facilitating operational trouble shooting? Policy-wise, should lessors
> be allowed to accumulate address space, using leasing demands as
> 'demonstrated need' in getting more IP addresses transferred to them?
> Voice your opinion in a healthy debate in this BoF, held to gauge the
> community's sentiment on these important issues.
apnic-transfers mailing list
apnic-transfers at apnic dot net