[apnic-transfers] Transfer fee calculation
- To: <apnic-transfers at apnic dot net>
- Subject: [apnic-transfers] Transfer fee calculation
- From: George Kuo <george at apnic dot net>
- Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 16:04:35 +1000
- Delivered-to: apnic-transfers at mailman dot apnic dot net
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=apnic.net; s=c3po; h=received:received:message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject: content-type:content-transfer-encoding:return-path; bh=PfvvGY6WQm2ANcd2q26bmG4IK4lkLKFPZ/5EY+0fzqU=; b=bPnDzt5zZzh0KyX6Dncp6XlbiZ4H0Si20PePSCFJTwFmL5Z/gskeWJJp9Z9f0iCtCSk2XFCRld2Yu ltJAk7SePcVwfkANf+AaZN3fxUooWboWMVKJuQSOWb0Bn4Cqt6y1+WrI3BAYJUffuRm4P+P90Og/Dl RoR7+AxyrS+UWhro=
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/apnic-transfers/>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: <apnic-transfers.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apnic-transfers>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/options/apnic-transfers>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
Hello Muhammad Usman, Thank you for your questions. The transfer fee is calculated using the sum of the total addresses that are being transferred in a single transfer request.8 * /24 is equivalent to 1 * /21. Therefore, the transfer fee is 20% of the annual fee for a /21, ie AUD 518.
We have updated the web page to clarify the calculation. www.apnic.net/feesPlease let us know if you have any more questions. You can also contact Member Servcies Helpdesk anytime at your convenience.
www.apnic.net/helpdesk Kind regards, ________________________________________________________________________ George Kuo email: george at apnic dot net Member Services Manager, APNIC sip: helpdesk at voip dot apnic dot net http://www.apnic.net phone: +61 7 3858 3188 fax: +61 7 3858 3199 ________________________________________________________________________ Dear APNIC,We are in process of acquiring some IP Addresses from a local ISP. We have already acquired a pre-approval of /18. As per APNIC website, reference link https://www.apnic.net/services/become-a-member/how-much-does-it-cost#fee
“A 20% transfer fee is charged according to the size of the block that is being transferred. For example, the transfer fee for a:
/24 at AUD 1,180 = AUD 236 /20 at AUD 3,370 = AUD 674 /16 at AUD 9,626 = AUD 1,925”My question is if APNIC member “A”, transfers 8 /24 (1024 IP Addresses) to APNIC member “B” in a single go, will the recipient be charged for a single 1024 Addresses (i.e. /22) i.e. AUD 398 or will the recipient be charged for 8 separate /24’s i.e. AUD (236 + 236 + 236 + 236 + 236 + 236 + 236 + 236 = 236 *8 = 1888)? There is huge fee difference in two cases for 1024 IP Addresses. Hope you have understood the question.
Regards, Muhammad Usman Ashraf Manager CORE Nayatel (Pvt.) Ltd. 73-E, GD Arcade, Fazal-ul-Haq Road, Blue Area, Islamabad – 44000 UAN: 051-111-114-444 Ext. 500, Fax: +92 51 8310100 URL: www.nayatel.com, www.dsl.net.pk,