Re: [apnic-talk] Question regarding Financial Reporting by NIR's
- To: Andy Linton <asjl at lpnz dot org>
- Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] Question regarding Financial Reporting by NIR's
- From: Skeeve Stevens <skeeve at v4now dot com>
- Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 00:35:23 +1000
- Cc: "apnic-talk at lists dot apnic dot net" <apnic-talk at lists dot apnic dot net>
- Delivered-to: apnic-talk at mailman dot apnic dot net
- In-reply-to: <CALS-_Oo4jX-WSn60GJURpLfk90GAczq4qq2UO23wJ5tm59UKJA@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/apnic-talk/>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: General discussions on APNIC <apnic-talk.lists.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apnic-talk>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/options/apnic-talk>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
It is interested how you call for transparency but don't support this initiative for more transparency. ÂThe NIR's should be subject to the same level of transparency and reporting that APNIC is being asked to do.
Especially if there are calls to reduce the fees charged to NIR's. ÂI think the community needs to see financial reporting to know whether to support such a call.
The call may be completely valid, but how can it be evaluated without context? ÂBecause honestly, if an NIR is doing well, the call for fee reductions are a bit inappropriate.
Skeeve Stevens - Senior IP Broker
v4Now -Âan eintellego Networks Company
On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 11:19 PM, Andy Linton <asjl at lpnz dot org> wrote:
I agree with Masato that this has nothing to do with the Policy SIG whose charter is to deal with addressing policy. This has nothing to do with that.I would urge the EC to reject any such attempt to coerce the NIRs into any such reporting. This feels like an attempt to deflect attention from the important tasks that the Executive and the Secretariat need to work on of producing reports detailing the cost/benefit aspects of activities.RIPE has such a document - see http://www.ripe.net/ripe/docs/ripe-598The Activity Plan and Budget has an overview of cost (financial and FTEs) of the main services and each section drills down to provide benefits of the service for members, measurable usage if any, whether the service is decreasing or expanding, and if there was an important decision relating to a service then who made the relevant decision (Board, senior management, General Meeting, etc.).
apnic-talk mailing list
apnic-talk at lists dot apnic dot net