Re: [apnic-talk] Question regarding Financial Reporting by NIR's
- To: "apnic-talk at lists dot apnic dot net" <apnic-talk at lists dot apnic dot net>
- Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] Question regarding Financial Reporting by NIR's
- From: Andy Linton <asjl at lpnz dot org>
- Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 16:19:35 +0300
- Delivered-to: apnic-talk at mailman dot apnic dot net
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=lpnz.org; s=dkim; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; bh=OOnM62WZRf+p/NlSKwtSYianM4E8yr9W7vQ1cohrB6Q=; b=d3NMTIPe0t0FknQ6D+sMC0f/kWdqjLJqsDXaFxcsimq104JVLimL0n8YuMmEHQA0rH VNB2cBVOstWuWShnKeyEB/LYTDAp3t6EUFPU3+9v0ixOYmDlGvRdUvSsmawMOOhb+4dW RnPWDOJatEFgegCJLyCyVWmyWUfXF+dIq/SlQ=
- In-reply-to: <CF857001.8D88D%myamanis at japan-telecom dot com>
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/apnic-talk/>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: General discussions on APNIC <apnic-talk.lists.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apnic-talk>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/options/apnic-talk>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
I agree with Masato that this has nothing to do with the Policy SIG whose charter is to deal with addressing policy. This has nothing to do with that.
I would urge the EC to reject any such attempt to coerce the NIRs into any such reporting. This feels like an attempt to deflect attention from the important tasks that the Executive and the Secretariat need to work on of producing reports detailing the cost/benefit aspects of activities.
RIPE has such a document - see http://www.ripe.net/ripe/docs/ripe-598
The Activity Plan and Budget has an overview of cost (financial and FTEs) of the main services and each section drills down to provide benefits of the service for members, measurable usage if any, whether the service is decreasing or expanding, and if there was an important decision relating to a service then who made the relevant decision (Board, senior management, General Meeting, etc.).