Re: [apnic-talk] ICANN 49 event wrapup
- To: haquehanif at hushmail dot com
- Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] ICANN 49 event wrapup
- From: Aftab Siddiqui <aftab.siddiqui at gmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 20:22:57 +0500
- Cc: APNIC TALK <apnic-talk at lists dot apnic dot net>, Skeeve Stevens <skeeve at eintellegonetworks dot com>
- Delivered-to: apnic-talk at mailman dot apnic dot net
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; bh=cn3jHH7PsPEySr+HmIH8BNUnCCeXxA03ZTg/W0MZsvo=; b=QFP8So0ZyqbpXl3gcBHQMlM3n/9anBX/2QP1P5LRKaxJcJFK6YkmbRTRsWtL/wATyX iaYmAnCyv57BSmQXKrBdcWQH3YxKxPfZPXMtscQMvTC4Is6NFzKn4YDHh3Ycv9370aoN t0e/TJa0p2Tf3eNjKMBhmNq7NtLpgKS8qBqY+npIopkCpQd7fJlHfgltKah/8hJA5cd7 2mVuxNMTpga/hE5LkNUkCd+vwq4lrmHpfZKRC2aMLwaviuRjkERMKGib21S9Rxx/ZNZF Xyo05R7aPp4wgh5EUXg5hWPSZLggWYFPe0C7CaxwAGesz5cdyLwFLW9ycmSh+qF/AAJc PbIA==
- In-reply-to: <20140428135122.AF4DA608D2 at smtp dot hushmail dot com>
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/apnic-talk/>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: General discussions on APNIC <apnic-talk.lists.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apnic-talk>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/options/apnic-talk>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
Please check APNIC events or training calendar. Between 2009 and 2014, as of this date, APNIC provided around 3-4 trainings in this 5.5years duration. Now compare this with other countries and countries with in Oceania. I think you will get a better picture than me explaing to you.
I've a very clear picture regarding these trainings in Pakistan because my involvement with SANOG. But tell me one thing, how many times we requested APNIC and they refused to come to Pakistan during the same period? As per my knowledge they never refused, infact when ever I met APNIC training staff they asked to let them know when and where they can participate in any local event.Â
We are very unfortunate for unstability in our country but this situation shouldn't become a concern for the technical community and providing training courses. As you know, we do have visitors from across the world everyday to do business with us. If APNIC is truely an RIR for the entire ASIA PACIFIC, it must maintain that status and provide its services to all members equally.
ÂAs I said in my earlier email, APNIC didn't follow the travel advisory during SANOG in Karachi. So instability is not the first concern here IMO. Yes, we do business with foreign companies on daily basis and HOST many foreign delegates as well. Similarly for APNIC trainings you need to have a local HOST. So as long as there is a host to host such training session I believe APNIC will never refuse to conduct training session on our soil.Â
Have you shared the same concern on TGP and pak-grid? I think local community should be aware as well.
Aftab A. Siddiqui.