Re: [apnic-talk] ICANN 49 event wrapup
- To: skeeve at eintellegonetworks dot com, aftab.siddiqui at gmail dot com
- Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] ICANN 49 event wrapup
- From: Dave Mead <dave_mead at aim dot com>
- Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 10:39:44 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: apnic-talk at lists dot apnic dot net
- Delivered-to: apnic-talk at mailman dot apnic dot net
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=mx.aol.com; s=20121107; t=1398695987; bh=BcNq/DrqNPux+H0cWPSqxra6He7u46u4zRyhDVm4B2Y=; h=From:To:Subject:Message-Id:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=nV29Z3r9wpabPTnlGmwMLuOS2yZYU2TieIVHyB2DJwCyUQYRtwkkYRh6aUi45B3CT fu0w0RZEUdWivsEjPC6slckUTooKb5ufaam4ZRI57k3M13zq/NPUZndCzbScJ3oCrw UtqZsX1y55Sf6dX0Z9dfCVnJYMcsokpN6Wp+WSDI=
- In-reply-to: <CAEUfUGNQYRbRMGHCs=Ef-d4ZpNj9eA4-ChWy+6VrgGYhVcSrEQ@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/apnic-talk/>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: General discussions on APNIC <apnic-talk.lists.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apnic-talk>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/options/apnic-talk>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
Thanks once again, Skeeve. You brought up a very good point about NIRs
in this region. I agree with your opinion about NIR structure and the
benefits it will bring to our communities here.
I ask APNIC to provide a few simple answers to these simple questions. As this region is culturally so diverse and NIRs help APNIC to provide its services in their local language and local timezones
1. Is APNIC proactively encouraging establishment of NIRs? 2. How many NIRs did APNIC proactively helped to establish till to date?3. Is the criteria and process to start an NIR is well explained and published upfront on APNIC website?
4. How long did it take to recognise the latest NIR application and why?5. Can a country approach APNIC to start an NIR now or in the near future?
A couple of countries appraoched me to help with this process as they wish to localise RIR services to aid in national Internet development.
Best, -Dave Mead -----Original Message----- From: Skeeve Stevens <skeeve at eintellegonetworks dot com> To: Aftab Siddiqui <aftab.siddiqui at gmail dot com> Cc: APNIC TALK <apnic-talk at lists dot apnic dot net> Sent: Mon, Apr 28, 2014 3:42 am Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] ICANN 49 event wrapupAs I pointed out before... APNIC is the only RIR that has the concept of NIR's. Â I think that NIR's address the needs of local resources where required.
Any concept of regional offices should also be free as possible from travel restrictions and people accessing any resources. ÂThis is not the case in many countries in our region, which is why an NIR structure is far more suitable.
...Skeeve Skeeve Stevens -Âeintellego Networks Pty Ltdskeeve at eintellegonetworks dot comÂ;Âwww.eintellegonetworks.comPhone: 1300 239 038;ÂCell +61 (0)414 753 383 ;Âskype://skeevefacebook.com/eintellegonetworksÂ;Âlinkedin.com/in/skeevee
xperts360:Âhttps://expert360.com/profile/d54a9 twitter.com/theispguyÂ; blog:Âwww.theispguy.com The Experts Who The Experts Call Juniper - CiscoÂ- CloudÂ- ConsultingÂ- IPv4 BrokeringOn Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 4:18 AM, Aftab Siddiqui <aftab.siddiqui at gmail dot com> wrote:
Rajesh Sb, Why canât APNIC has an regional office in Islamabad or Dakha ?ÂThats an interesting point. If you can recall, RIPE NCC opened up its regional office in Dubai this year specifically to target middle-east region. South Asian region can have APNIC's regional office too.Â
Regards, Aftab A. Siddiqui_______________________________________________ apnic-talk mailing list apnic-talk at lists dot apnic dot net http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apnic-talk