Re: [apnic-talk] ICANN 49 event wrapup
- To: Skeeve Stevens <skeeve at eintellegonetworks dot com>
- Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] ICANN 49 event wrapup
- From: Enrico Tam <enrico_tam at outlook dot com>
- Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 07:06:47 +0800
- Cc: APNIC TALK <apnic-talk at lists dot apnic dot net>
- Delivered-to: apnic-talk at mailman dot apnic dot net
- Importance: Normal
- In-reply-to: <CAEUfUGNQYRbRMGHCs=Ef-d4ZpNj9eA4-ChWy+6VrgGYhVcSrEQ@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/apnic-talk/>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: General discussions on APNIC <apnic-talk.lists.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apnic-talk>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/options/apnic-talk>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
This is a very good discussion. In principle I agree with most of your comments.
Lets be realistic here and continue to debate meangifully.
We are in the era of talking about IANA globalization. We have:
1. DotAsia for ASIA, located in ASIA
2. ITU office for ASIA, located in ASIA
3. ICANN Hub for ASIA, located in ASIA
4. ISOC hub for ASIA, located in ASIA
5. APT for ASIA, located in ASIA
Where is the RIR for ASIA? I think we're clearly missing out on our identity with not having an RIR for ASIA located in ASIA. Let's not talk about a regional office for South Asia, Sout East Asia, East Asia...this may not work for us with such a diverse region.
Lets concentrate our efforts to have an ASIAN RIR that is headed by and managed by Leaders from ASIA who understands our community and the developments.
From: skeeve at eintellegonetworks dot com
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 08:42:05 +1000
To: aftab.siddiqui at gmail dot com
CC: apnic-talk at lists dot apnic dot net
Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] ICANN 49 event wrapup
As I pointed out before... APNIC is the only RIR that has the concept of NIR's. I think that NIR's address the needs of local resources where required.
Any concept of regional offices should also be free as possible from travel restrictions and people accessing any resources. This is not the case in many countries in our region, which is why an NIR structure is far more suitable.
Skeeve Stevens - eintellego Networks Pty Ltd
skeeve at eintellegonetworks dot com ; www.eintellegonetworks.com
Phone: 1300 239 038; Cell +61 (0)414 753 383 ; skype://skeeve
The Experts Who The Experts Call
Juniper - Cisco - Cloud - Consulting - IPv4 Brokering
On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 4:18 AM, Aftab Siddiqui <aftab.siddiqui at gmail dot com> wrote:
_______________________________________________ apnic-talk mailing list apnic-talk at lists dot apnic dot net http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apnic-talk