Re: [apnic-talk] ICANN 49 event wrapup
- To: APNIC TALK <apnic-talk at lists dot apnic dot net>
- Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] ICANN 49 event wrapup
- From: Rajesh Chharia <rc at cjnet4u dot com>
- Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 21:10:07 +0530
- Cc: Skeeve Stevens <skeeve at eintellegonetworks dot com>
- Delivered-to: apnic-talk at mailman dot apnic dot net
- In-reply-to: <CAEUfUGNxeeREPQ-w-=OjbTubhYGhe4zBncpo4dMH_AQA4NfoJQ@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/apnic-talk/>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: General discussions on APNIC <apnic-talk.lists.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apnic-talk>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/options/apnic-talk>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
Its not fair to take debates to insult any Country. Every country including yours has its own problem, without loosing a cricket match ;-).
Hanif's view point is that we should review the location of APNIC, which is currently limited to Australia. In no way that is anything against Australia or can instigate someone to feel so offended.
Globally, same discussion has been going for ICANN. Do you think friends of ICANN are turning this debate to insult the sovereignties ?
Why can’t APNIC has an regional office in Islamabad or Dakha ? I think Hanif has taken up this discussion and to refer Aftab Siddiqui here is to sow difference between fellow countrymen and anyone can see through it.
I feel instead of diverting this debate to such low level is not expected from you atleast. I have been seeing this concern for very long now and every time you have been responding which looks alike that APNIC has some problem here, I dont think that is the actual case. Its a strong body and need to have outreach program.
Dear Hanif, advantage of such outreach program is for LEA as well as for the members also as its our LEA is well informed, it would be less botheration for we ISP's. Similarly, you are also right that training program are required in emerging economies.
I am sure Paul and Akinori are competent to explain you the same. I sincerely apologise for any inadvertent nasty remark to your post.
Please raise all concern at APNIC talk and be assured that APNIC as well as members would be responding positively.
On 27-Apr-2014, at 18:43 pm, Skeeve Stevens <skeeve at eintellegonetworks dot com> wrote: