Re: [apnic-talk] ICANN 49 event wrapup
- To: haquehanif at hushmail dot com
- Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] ICANN 49 event wrapup
- From: Skeeve Stevens <skeeve at eintellegonetworks dot com>
- Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 02:19:23 +1000
- Cc: "apnic-talk at lists dot apnic dot net" <apnic-talk at lists dot apnic dot net>
- Delivered-to: apnic-talk at mailman dot apnic dot net
- In-reply-to: <20140426132639.B0609206E4 at smtp dot hushmail dot com>
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/apnic-talk/>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: General discussions on APNIC <apnic-talk.lists.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apnic-talk>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/options/apnic-talk>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
I rely on APNIC and its EC to consider the entire community/regions needs as opposed to a vocal minority... even if that minority was just me yelling about something. ÂWe choose an EC whose roles transcend their home country and become for the good of everyone they represent.
I think rather than accusations of mis-management, I'd spend some time talking to members of the EC about why certain decisions are made. ÂMost of them are more than willing to talk to you and give you their perspective - which btw, does not always agree across all EC members... Âbut most of the time they come to a consensus for the benefit of all members...Â
Skeeve Stevens -Âeintellego Networks Pty Ltd
skeeve at eintellegonetworks dot comÂ;Âwww.eintellegonetworks.com
Phone: 1300 239 038;ÂCell +61 (0)414 753 383 ;Âskype://skeeve
The Experts Who The Experts Call
Juniper - CiscoÂ- CloudÂ- ConsultingÂ- IPv4 Brokering
On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 11:26 PM, <haquehanif at hushmail dot com> wrote:
Very good point but its a taboo at APNIC to discuss about Members fee and APNIC (mis) management of funds. APNIC maintains a white list and a black list of public contacts. You're now in their black list for raising this. Like many others, this discussion will end up in the no through road. The Executive council we selected are like the famous three wise monkeys."see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil". For our representatives business is as usual.
APNIC recently started providing training for law enforcement agencies using Members funds....we did not blessed either. Its a good initiative and I personally commend APNIC for this. However, these LEAs are government agencies and have big budgets. If LEAs request training APNIC must use LEAs budget to provide such trainings not Members funds. Its just not right!
Hanif H Mohd
Senior Network Consultant
On Saturday, 26 April 2014 at 5:44 PM, "Dave Mead" <dave_mead at aim dot com> wrote: Â ÂPaul,
ÂYour speech at Asia Pacific Internet Leadership Program meeting is utterly disappointing to APNIC Members.
You said, "...Members pay fees to APNIC to support the organisation and the services and they don't give APNIC a blessing to spend that money in unlimited fashion on Internet development..."
ÂMembers DID NOT BLESS APNIC to spend the fees on business class travel which costs 3 times more than an economy class ticket. The entire senior management, including your Executve Assistant and those who work for APNIC as consultants travel in business class contributing to the success of the airlines but clearly not Internet development in this region.
ÂPaul, you're leading a not-for-profit organisation not a comerncial entity that you and your senior management can erode member funds for your comfortable travels across the world. This is just outrageous and mismanagement of Member funds.
ÂMembers like to see the Executive Council takes note of this and truely represent the Members to better manage their funds to contribute for the Internet development in this region. A lot of development work can be done if the funds are managed effectively not use for personal benefits.
apnic-talk mailing list
apnic-talk at lists dot apnic dot net