Re: [apnic-talk] IANA Globalization Progress
- To: "'Naresh Ajwani'" <ajwaninaresh at gmail dot com>, "'Skeeve Stevens'" <skeeve at eintellegonetworks dot com>
- Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] IANA Globalization Progress
- From: "B C Jain " <brajesh.jain at spectranet dot in>
- Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 11:33:05 +0530
- Cc: apnic-talk at lists dot apnic dot net
- Delivered-to: apnic-talk at mailman dot apnic dot net
- In-reply-to: <CAPUFQLotUBY-SgT6VNXB-1ophQSH+FnFSAYJ2EhgC05O2yLVxg at mail dot gmail dot com>
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/apnic-talk/>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: General discussions on APNIC <apnic-talk.lists.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apnic-talk>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/options/apnic-talk>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CF48EE5A.85B79firstname.lastname@example.org> <365C33CF-B77B-40CA-88B5-53746928444D@apnic.net> <5323ECC9.email@example.com> <CF4CC73D.85D7Dfirstname.lastname@example.org> <201403191612.GIE89288.BNFN@nic.ad.jp> <email@example.com> <CAEUfUGNidP1BKeZTKgPsnivhCuvgL5p3yB2zoO8EYAX5J-jkkA@mail.gmail.com> <CAPUFQLotUBY-SgT6VNXB-1ophQSH+FnFSAYJ2EhgC05O2yLVxg@mail.gmail.com>
For b) I Âwanted to know APNIC position being taken. Do you feel that Security is not part of Internet deliberations.
Whole Netmundial has arisen out of Security and snooping. EC does not seem to be coming out with very transparent process.
I hope there is consensus in EC about the view taken by APNIC even if transparently not sharable to the members.Â
I still am looking for EC view. You may give your view on this.
On c) Please tell me the basis of present charge why 190%. NIRs also need to extend services to its members and payment to APNIC is the major expense.
This point was very well discussed in AMM and EC acknowledged the same and agreed to look at the same.
While Brajesh reverts to u on both your queries over his queries vide points b) & c), I hope that u had read the Montevideo statement. For your convenience, I am pasting the excerpt from wikipedia as under:
" The Montevideo Statement on the Future of Internet Cooperation was released on 7 October 2013 by the leaders of a number of organizations involved in coordinating the Internet's global technical infrastructure. The statement was signed by the heads of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), the Internet Engineering Task Force, the Internet Architecture Board, the World Wide Web Consortium, theInternet Society, and the five regional Internet address registries (African Network Information Center, American Registry for Internet Numbers, Asia-Pacific Network Information Centre, Latin America and Caribbean Internet Addresses Registry, and RÃseaux IP EuropÃens Network Coordination Centre). In large part, the statement is seen as a response to the ongoing NSA surveillance scandal.
The leaders made four main points:
They reinforced the importance of globally coherent Internet operations, and warned against Internet fragmentation at a national level. They expressed strong concern over the undermining of the trust and confidence of Internet users globally due to recent revelations of pervasive monitoring and surveillance....."
Yet if u have query on point b) of Brajesh, it wud reinforce my question about the plan before signing it.
I remember you raising such questions when I was advocating for the reforms in Apnic election processes, I am glad that you are doing it again but such response shud be given by the signatory of the statement or EC whom even Brajesh had asked.
Regards & best wishes
I am interested how you see b) as APNIC's responsibility?
Also, re c) Why do you think the fees are too much?
Phone: 1300 239 038; Cell +61 (0)414 753 383 ; skype://skeeve
The Experts Who The Experts Call