Re: [apnic-talk] IANA Globalization Progress
- To: Dean Pemberton <dean at internetnz dot net dot nz>
- Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] IANA Globalization Progress
- From: "Kenny Huang, Ph.D." <huangk at mindext dot com>
- Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 10:12:18 +0800
- Cc: "apnic-talk at apnic dot net" <apnic-talk at apnic dot net>
- Delivered-to: apnic-talk at mailman dot apnic dot net
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=apnic.net; s=c3po; h=received:received:dkim-signature:mime-version:x-received:sender:received: in-reply-to:references:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:cc: content-type; bh=3v/Yo/kC7O54Va2oNEmwSdVsqmyq9ePLZQk54iFN/Y0=; b=bOpH3OO1JQCYJ8Quv2Khno2lQA4A6jVCZKbWsqEJbCXn2D3TUnhUaQKmTw2SqLDEItdN+Px8OSXWn vfa2+Wk0lB23LyamTqI5CM8wQLnaN4dMVwk7sEuWdYGQsRuGroDSl1ncrpesO0TlNzX4NfJzOILMya S4gNwbrU3ypBufEY=
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject :from:to:cc:content-type; bh=3v/Yo/kC7O54Va2oNEmwSdVsqmyq9ePLZQk54iFN/Y0=; b=gzGPCLH3qHEH3CGzAB45K/23w0+UQIaD/fpgY5Gaj5p7TivKfDL9tXi/K9nRlN2uBc QURNRz3FBBcGxyHU90RQYa5kZkbmN5oVJmOOicathq9U3ZvF7EzWxN6UrgKSuoxkmMnS oOaRGhUimwC5VQI1BDdenKiJPIYKv28SW4M7bdo7cNpijQmAb31SKbao3r85lyC77CtN Mx597ww1Zheq6P9bYn1mdHGC3zZovG78QZGKHepFh3vaZ8rLCLAR+0VsnbjfsZgn01Ko sAg4JsaNZsCQgyUmXJF/2ii8N5yvjhUF9etZONIBOFWdDJYUa3eNWOVp+Vhp0y01593H pcGg==
- In-reply-to: <CAHT1SrG0VH-U7RjotFPzukiTWpCoKQF5Tmj5c9WojTM5NcNhsA@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/apnic-talk/>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: General discussions on APNIC <apnic-talk.lists.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apnic-talk>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/options/apnic-talk>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CAHT1SrEfgB9hiQ-qWUww1T1RuC0L=HHza1t1SD=xMjUahP7YdQ@mail.gmail.com> <CF5748FE.firstname.lastname@example.org> <CF574D89.email@example.com> <CAHT1SrG0VH-U7RjotFPzukiTWpCoKQF5Tmj5c9WojTM5NcNhsA@mail.gmail.com>
to see the approach of NZ community. All your inputs are well received by APNIC
Dear Dean and Masato San,Thanks for providing many decent recommendations. Especially it is impressive
management team and EC members. I believe these inputs will be well considered
to take further actions accordingly.
Speaking on my own behalf, the IANA globalization process is critical and rapidly
evolving. As the nature of transparency of Internet community, the information I received
on IANA globalization process is the same as you got from various sources. As I am
not in the ICANN Singapre meeting, perhaps other EC members or APNIC team can
provide some update from ICANN.
Thanks and Best Regards
On 26 March 2014 06:50, Dean Pemberton <dean at internetnz dot net dot nz> wrote:
> And here is my comment.
> 1. Regarding current overlay in page 3, don't we need to mention about ASO
> AC/NRO NC
> Â Âwhich is responsible to global policy for IP/AS as part of ICANN?
> Â Â(Current figure seems ICANN is handling it by themselves directly, but
> it is not true)
It seems more doable in the timeframe than the previous option of
> 2. While I prefer last option in page 9, do we need "NEW ENTITY 1"
> responsible for gTLD policy?
> Â ÂI agree that it is ideally better to separate gTLD policy and gTLD
> Â Âbut I don't think it is doable in this timeframe.
having the NE1 take on a similar policy role for IP/ASNs and ccTLDs as
Whats your opinion on those two options? ÂWhich would be a better
model if there was sufficient time to implement either?
apnic-talk mailing list
apnic-talk at lists dot apnic dot net