Re: [apnic-talk] IANA Globalization Progress
- To: Naresh Ajwani <ajwaninaresh at gmail dot com>, MAEMURA Akinori <maem at nic dot ad dot jp>
- Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] IANA Globalization Progress
- From: Tony Smith <tony at apnic dot net>
- Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 03:16:11 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US, en-AU
- Cc: "apnic-talk at lists dot apnic dot net" <apnic-talk at lists dot apnic dot net>
- Delivered-to: apnic-talk at mailman dot apnic dot net
- In-reply-to: <CAPUFQLqsrgn2G3Oub9d-moYeFPwTioD7M_9woF7G6grsTzby5g at mail dot gmail dot com>
- List-archive: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailing-lists/apnic-talk/>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: General discussions on APNIC <apnic-talk.lists.apnic.net>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apnic-talk>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/options/apnic-talk>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CF48EE5A.85B79email@example.com> <365C33CF-B77B-40CA-88B5-53746928444D@apnic.net> <5323ECC9.firstname.lastname@example.org> <CF4CC73D.85D7Demail@example.com> <201403191612.GIE89288.BNFN@nic.ad.jp> <CF50E9B7.86A67firstname.lastname@example.org> <532E33C6.email@example.com> <CAPUFQLqsrgn2G3Oub9d-moYeFPwTioD7M_9woF7G6grsTzby5g@mail.gmail.com>
- Thread-index: AQHPP+uc6z4omN7P8EGFxc+DTaQ3lprhX+qt//+gsoCABDwDgIACIROAgALSggCAAxDJAIAAFDWAgACV5wA=
Sorry, to answer your earlier question about "plans" - the plan is something that APNIC, our community, and all interested Internet users worldwide have been prompted to contribute to as per the NTIA announcement (which asked ICANN to facilitate).
Paul's email from Friday (available here: http://www.apnic.net/publications/news/2014/iana-globalization-consultation-process) explained the next steps.
Everyone - including the Secretariat! - is hoping to find out more at ICANN 49 in Singapore. We hope there will be discussion at the meeting on how this process is going to work and the community will have some input into the mechanics of the consultation process. ICANN changed the program just today with an updated time for its discussion session - it is now at 10.30am SG time on Monday: http://singapore49.icann.org/en/schedule/mon-globalization-advisory
As Paul's email said, the APNIC EC is currently considering the best ways to facilitate discussions and capture input from the Asia Pacific community. It would be great to hear your and other Members' views on how the APNIC community can contribute to this process.
From: Naresh Ajwani <ajwaninaresh at gmail dot com>
Date: Sunday, 23 March 2014 10:19 am
To: MAEMURA Akinori <maem at nic dot ad dot jp>
Cc: "apnic-talk at lists dot apnic dot net" <apnic-talk at lists dot apnic dot net>
Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] IANA Globalization Progress
Masato; Do you mean that DG had signed it before consulting EC nor members as
Is it part of any Munute of Meeting or mails and if in public domain?
Transparency wud help more. I am still waiting for the plans if any, I had asked for in this thread mails
Regards & best wishes
On 23 Mar 2014 06:37, "MAEMURA Akinori" <maem at nic dot ad dot jp> wrote: