Re: [apnic-talk] Re: [atlarge-discuss] Bakers dozen/ witches covenno mor
- To: "apnic-talk at apnic dot net" <apnic-talk at apnic dot net>
- Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] Re: [atlarge-discuss] Bakers dozen/ witches covenno more...
- From: Bruce Campbell <bruce.campbell at ripe dot net>
- Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 03:11:23 +0100 (CET)
- In-reply-to: <3DDAFE0D.FBE14337 at ix dot netcom dot com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Jeff Williams wrote: > Sotiris and all, > > It is interesting in this article that Paul Wilson of APNIC is trying to take > credit for the long standing concerns that Joe Baptista pointed out > recently for this update in Root Server's. I had to laugh when I read > his off the cuff comment in that regard... Neither Paul Wilson or Joe Baptista are the first to express such concerns (as in, lack of coverage in regions outside north america has been around since before the change from 9 to 13 roots, and was one of the causes of said change), and neither will be the last. The only thing that Paul can take credit for is for finally _moving_ on such concerns (in conjunction with ISC), using the mid-October attacks against the root (and other) servers to good advantage. On a related note, the RIPE NCC is also considering a similar spreading of the K.root service around Europe, again with existing plans being spurred onwards by said attacks. > Jeffrey A. Williams > Spokesman for INEGroup - (Over 127k members/stakeholders strong!) Thats nice for you. --==-- Bruce. Speaking for myself. * APNIC-TALK: General APNIC Discussion List * * To unsubscribe: send "unsubscribe" to apnic-talk-request at apnic dot net *