[apnic-talk] [apnic-announce] ICANN accepts ASO proposal

  • To: apnic-announce at ns dot apnic dot net, apnic-members at ns dot apnic dot net
  • Subject: [apnic-talk] [apnic-announce] ICANN accepts ASO proposal
  • From: APNIC Secretariat <secretariat at apnic dot net>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 15:34:52 +1000 (EST)
  • Cc: apops at ns dot apnic dot net
  • Sender: owner-apnic-talk@apnic.net
    • [Note "reply-to:" field]

      This is a brief update to the earlier posting regarding a proposal to form
      an Address Supporting Organization (ASO) within the framework of the
      International Corporation for the Assignment of Names and Numbers (ICANN).
      You may remember that APNIC, together with the other Regional Internet
      Registries (RIR), ARIN and the RIPE NCC, submitted this proposal for ICANN
      to consider at their August 26th Board meeting in Santiago, Chile.

      We are happy to report that ICANN accepted this proposal. The proposal is
      documented at http://www.apnic.net/news/icann/proposal.html and the ICANN
      acceptance is documented at http://www.icann.org/santiago/
      santiago-resolutions.htm

      We are now moving on to the next steps in the process. The APNIC Executive
      Council will be working with the other RIR Boards to draft the Memorandum
      of Understanding that will form the ASO.

      In addition we need to progress with the selection of nominations for the
      Address Council. A formal call for nominations will be published on Monday
      6th September, detailing the process we will adopt in this initial
      formation of the Council.

      We would like to extend a sincere thank you for your continued support in
      this lengthy and involved process, and trust that you will seriously
      consider nominating suitably qualified individuals to serve the Asia
      Pacific Internet Community in the capacity as members of the Address
      Council.

      	APNIC Executive Council

      + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
      APNIC Secretariat
      <secretariat at apnic dot net>
                                                           Tel: +61-7-3367-0490
      Asia Pacific Network Information Centre (APNIC) Ltd  Fax: +61-7-3367-0482
      Level 1, 33 Park Road, PO Box 2131, Milton, QLD 4064, Australia

      *            APNIC-ANNOUNCE: Announcements concerning APNIC              *
      * To unsubscribe, send "unsubscribe" to apnic-announce-request at apnic dot net *
      *              APNIC-TALK: General APNIC Discussion List             *
      * To unsubscribe: send "unsubscribe" to apnic-talk-request at apnic dot net *