[Apnic-announce] Nominations now open for NRO NC Election 2021
Nominations now open for NRO NC Election 2021
The nomination period for the Number Resource Organization Number
Council (NRO NC) election opens today, 9 June 2021. The NRO NC performs
the role of the Address Supporting Organization Address Council
The term of Aftab Siddiqui will end on 31 December 2021. One individual
from the Asia Pacific Internet community will be elected to fill this
vacant seat on the NRO NC for two years from 1 January 2022 to 31
Who can be nominated
Any individual residing within the Asia Pacific region may be nominated,
with the exception of staff members of any Regional Internet Registry
Self nominations are permitted.
The nominee must meet the following two eligibility criteria:
- Registered for the current conference (APNIC 52) with the registration
form submitted before the start of the current conference.
- Registered and attended at least one of the past eight APRICOT or APNIC
standalone conferences (not including the current conference):
- APNIC 51 Online
- APNIC 50 Online
- APNIC 49 with APRICOT 2020 in Melbourne, Australia
- APNIC 48 in Chiang Mai, Thailand
- APNIC 47 with APRICOT 2019 in Daejeon, South Korea
- APNIC 46 in Noumea, New Caledonia
- APNIC 45 with APRICOT 2018 in Kathmandu, Nepal
- APNIC 44 in Taichung, Taiwan
Roles, responsibilities and time commitments for NRO NC members
The time commitments for members of the NRO NC (and by association, the
ASO AC) can be quite considerable and include:
- Attending monthly meetings (held via video/teleconference) with
the NRO NC, which are generally held at 12:00 UTC.
- Attending additional special meetings, which can be called for any
purpose at any time.
- Attending three conferences per year, being the first ICANN
meeting of the year and two APNIC conferences.
- Participating in additional NRO/ASO committees.
- Joining and actively participating in the APNIC Policy SIG mailing
list and Open Policy Meetings.
- Meeting with the APNIC Executive Council and the Policy SIG Chairs
immediately following the Policy SIG meeting.
In addition to the above, meetings of the NRO NC and related committees
are usually accompanied by briefing and background documents, which
should be read in order for NRO NC members to be able to actively
participate in discussions.
How to nominate
To nominate a candidate for the position, please submit your nominations
using the online form by 17:30 (UTC +10) on 9 August 2021.
For more information about the role and the NRO NC, please see:
For more on the current members of the NRO NC, please see:
If you have any questions, please contact:
APNIC Secretariat email@example.com
Asia Pacific Network Information Centre (APNIC) Tel: +61 7 3858 3100
PO Box 3646 South Brisbane, QLD 4101 Australia Fax: +61 7 3858 3199
6 Cordelia Street, South Brisbane, QLD http://www.apnic.net
- Prev by Date:
- Previous by Thread: