[Apnic-announce] APNIC EC announces appointment to NRO NC / ASO AC
- To: apnic-announce at apnic dot net
- Subject: [Apnic-announce] APNIC EC announces appointment to NRO NC / ASO AC
- From: APNIC Secretariat <secretariat at apnic dot net>
- Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 17:03:45 +1000
- List-archive: <http://www.apnic.net/mailing-lists/apnic-announce>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: apnic-announce.lists.apnic.net
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apnic-announce>,<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/apnic-announce>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- Organization: APNIC
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 (Macintosh/20041206)
The APNIC Executive Council has appointed Kenny Huang to be the representative of the APNIC region on the Number Resource Organization (NRO) Number Council.
Under the terms of the MoU signed between the ICANN and the RIRs in October 2004, the NRO Number Council now performs the role of the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC).
The term of Dr Huang's appointment is from 1 Janary 2005 to 31 December 2005.
Dr Huang has previously served a term on the AC under the previous ASO structure, from January 2002 to December 2004.
More information on the roles and function of the NRO and ASO is available at:
APNIC Secretariat <secretariat at apnic dot net>
APNIC ph +61 7 3858 3100
http://www.apnic.net fx +61 7 3858 3199
See you at APNIC-19 Kyoto, Japan, 21 to 25 Feb 2005
and APRICOT 2005 http://www.apnic.net/meetings
* ASIAN TSUNAMI & EARTHQUAKE RELIEF APPEAL
The APNIC community is shocked and saddened by the earthquake and
tsunami that struck the Indian Ocean nations in December. We
encourage you to help the survivors recover and rebuild by donating
to a relief fund. Some organisations coordinating relief programs are:
Red Cross and Red Crescent http://donate.ifrc.org/
Médecins Sans Frontières http://www.msf.org.au/support/sa.shtml
World Vision http://www.worldvision.org