Re: [Ap-ipv6tf] [Nav6tf] [Members] FW: Have you seen this? Nortel sellin

  • To: "'Vint Cerf'" <vint at google dot com>
  • Subject: Re: [Ap-ipv6tf] [Nav6tf] [Members] FW: Have you seen this? Nortel selling Internet addresses to Microsoft for $7.5 million
  • From: "Latif LADID \(\"The New Internet based on IPv6\"\)" <latif at ladid dot lu>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 13:43:30 +0200
  • Cc: ap-ipv6tf at lists dot ap-ipv6tf dot org, 'Dan Campbell' <dcampbell at millenniasystems dot com>, members at ipv6forum dot com, nav6tf at ipv6forum dot com
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Vint Cerf [mailto:vint at google dot com]
      Sent: 27 March 2011 13:32
      To: Latif LADID (The New Internet based on IPv6)
      Cc: Dan Campbell; ap-ipv6tf at lists dot ap-ipv6tf dot org; nav6tf at ipv6forum dot com;
      members at ipv6forum dot com
      Subject: Re: [Nav6tf] [Members] FW: Have you seen this? Nortel selling
      Internet addresses to Microsoft for $7.5 million

      bankruptcy laws are often difficult because they seek to maximize
      asset value for creditors of the bankrupt party. consequently, things
      that might not be treated as  salable asset are put into that category
      only in bankruptcy situations. Ironically, I think the space sought by
      Microsoft is actually still available from the IP address space
      managed by ARIN; they don't really need to buy it.

      On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 7:25 AM, Latif LADID ("The New Internet based
      on IPv6") <latif at ladid dot lu> wrote:
      > concur

      RIR
      > rules for years, sometimes at the expense of our services, but for good
      > reason. If the RIRs permit this it will be very disappointing.
      >
      > Dan
      >
      > On Mar 27, 2011, at 7:17 AM, "Latif LADID \(\"The New Internet based on
      > IPv6\"\)" <latif at ladid dot lu> wrote:
      >
      >> Message loud and clear. Somebody should act on your words.

      works
      >>> for years but recently has picked up speed due to the dawning
      realization