Dear Colleagues in the APNIC Community,
I'd like to share the first draft of the proposal for the IANA stewardship transition the number resources.
Comparison with APNIC proposal is as below:
1. Related to maintaining service level - Maintain ICANN as an operator of the IANA: no change - SLA: no change
2. Related to Accountability - AoC: no separate document. It will be discussed, at the time of preparing SLA, on accountabilities related to IANA functions which needs to be reflected in SLA.
If you have any questions/request for clarifications for these changes, or anything about the draft proposal, the CRISP Team members from the APNIC region would be happy to answer them.
I also encourage you to join the global discussions at firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list, if you would like to participate in the global discussions, and for the whole CRISP Team members to take your inputs into considerations.
Subscription to the global mailing list: https://www.nro.net/mailman/listinfo/ianaxfer
Regards, Izumi Okutani
-------- Original Message -------- Subject: [NRO-IANAXFER] Internet Number Community IANA Stewardship Proposal: First Draft Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 13:01:44 +0900 From: Izumi Okutani email@example.com To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find the first draft of the Internet numbers community's response to the Request For Proposals issued by the IANA Stewardship Coordination Group (ICG). This draft has been prepared by the Consolidated RIR IANA Stewardship Proposal (CRISP) team, and we are now seeking feedback on this draft from the global community.
The next CRISP team teleconference will be held on Monday 22 December at 13:00 UTC. Details on how to join as an observer will be posted to this list.
Draft proposal: https://www.nro.net/crisp-proposal-first-draft
The deadline for providing feedback: 5 January 2015 Feedback should be sent to : email@example.com mailing list
Key points: - ICANN to continue as an operator of the IANA function: - Agreement: Exchange SLA with ICANN as the IANA function operator on number resources - Review Committee with representatives from each RIR region
Other notes about the draft: The following will be reflected in the second draft.
- The first two sentences of the last paragraph in Section III "Proposed Post-Transition Oversight and Accountability Arrangements" is under consideration by CRISP Team to be deleted. - In addition, CRISP Team continues work on editing, to have our answers in the same order as questions listed in each section.
Key dates: First draft published : 19 Dec 2014 First draft comments close : 5 Jan 2015 Second draft to be published : 8 Jan 2015 Second draft comments close : 12 Jan 2015 Final proposal to be sent to ICG : 15 Jan 2015
How to engage in discussions: All global discussions, for CRISP team to consider as community feedback, will be conducted at firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list. All CRISP team discussions are open to observers.
References: ------------ * Discussions by CRISP Team Details of all the CRISP team's work to date, including recordings, minutes and agendas of all CRISP teleconferences and a public archive of the internal CRISP team mailing list, are available at: https://nro.net/crisp-team
* Other links: - ICG request for proposals: https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-3-2014-09-03-en
- The IANA Stewardship Transition Discussion in each RIR region:
_______________________________________________ ianaxfer mailing list email@example.com https://www.nro.net/mailman/listinfo/ianaxfer